Saturday, February 16, 2013

Let Go

And there he was, in the lake. And even though he knew how to swim and did not need to be saved, in my eyes he was drowning. He wanted me to save him so I reached my arm out and told him to grab my hand. He looked at me and understood what I was saying, but completely ignored me. Then I realize he was starting to drift further away from me, so I leaned over as far as I could and grabbed his arm and used all my strength to pull him towards me. But for some reason he would not move, it was as if he was stuck to something. So I held on to him for as long as I could, but I ran out of strength and let go of him. I started to cry because I felt like he was about to drown and it was all my fault because I could have did something else to save him. All of sudden he started to swim away. I was confused because if he had the ability to swim away, why did he not swim towards me? Why did he let me think he needed to be saved if he didn't? I don't know, but I stood there and watched him swim away until I could no longer see him.

This is usually how my relationship goes. For some reason I keep holding on to him, thinking he needs me, calling him and reaching out my hand for him to grab. He hear me calling him and see my hand reaching towards him, but he ignores it. So I grab him anyways, not realizing that he does not need me, and if he wanted to he could of came my way. I give all my strength to hold on to him, but he end up leaving. Remember I knew he was able to swim, but in my eyes I seen him drowning. That's because love is vision impaired. Others say love is blind, but blindness is a complete loss of sight. When we are in love, we are aware of the reality of the situation, but do we care? No, because we let our emotions control our actions. We believe what we want to believe. So do we not believe we deserve the best? Why do we put in more energy than the other to save the relationship? The answer is simple....LOVE. We love and we love hard. But we also learn, we learn from every experience. No woman, or man for that matter should beg to be loved. I think the most important thing I learned about love is about loving God and myself. See when you love God, you believe in love, you believe he has someone special for you. And when you love yourself, you know your worth, you know you deserve the best and willing to give your best. No one is perfect, and don't set your standards high if you are not on that level yourself. Ladies, stop saying you want a man with a lot of money, nice car, big house, this and that, when you have none of that. Yes you can aim for the best, but are you giving your best? Men, go ahead and aim for the girl with the best body and pretty face, and watch how she change and her looks fade after a couple of years. Life is as hard as we make it, so please LIVE, LOVE, and LET GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment