Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Follow Your Heart

Every now and then, I stop and I think about my future, but even though I do a lot of wishful thinking, I also know I have many struggles ahead of me. Not just with my health, even though that will be the main struggle, but with family, friends, choices, change, relationships, emotions, and pain. Every now and then I will experience happiness, but my vision says that my happiness will be powerful than my struggles. Maybe that's why I keep believing in myself. I think I have what it take to make it, and notice I said "think" a person that truly believe in their self will say I know I have what it takes to make it. I'm trying so hard to change that "think" into "know" but there will always be doubt as long as I have this illness. That does not mean I will give up. My biggest fear is failure, but my second biggest fear is regret. What if I am someone special, someone that will make a major change in life, someone that will touch the heart and souls of millions? The funny thing is, I actually believe I am that special. Special like Micheal Jackson who touched people with his is music. Special like Michelangelo who touched people with his art. Special like Martin Luther King Jr who touched people with his belief and incredible words. Special like Helen Keller who broke through barriers with her disability. Or special like President Barack Obama, who did what millions thought would never happen and became the first African American president. What if I have the potential and power to be that special, but choose to give up instead? And that is what I fear everyday....giving up, because as my fear forms the tears that rolls down my face, my brain tells me to wipe the tears away, and my heart tells me to never give up....And you know what they say....#FollowYourHeart

No comments:

Post a Comment