Thursday, February 21, 2013

I'm Blessed

You know how they say keep the faith and trust and believe in God and everything will be okay? Well what if it is not that simple? What if we depend on God so much that we don't realize he is trying to help us through a struggle, but we are just not getting the memo? But the amazing thing about God, is that he has the power to show you who is God. I personally believe we should never question him. I struggle everyday with my illness and I never ask him "why me?" Every now and then, I find a few tears roll down my face when I notice a change in my mobility, for example weakness in my arms. I may notice a little more struggle in doing a daily routine. As I start to tear up, I simply ask God to give me the strength, that's all. No need for me to be all dramatic and let others know my illness is getting worse. I already know the outcome of my disease. Progressive muscle weakness, I'm going to get weaker, I know this, am I scared? No, I'm terrified. But come on, I live with a terminal illness so I'm suppose to live in fear? God does not want me to be scared, he want me to be strong. There is like over a million of people with disabilities that are very much worse than mines. Okay, so I have severe breathing problems and my life expectancy is no older than 30. I'm suppose to let that bring me down when there are little children that have not even made it to see 10? I don't have to live to be an old woman, to be considered blessed. I'm here right now, beautiful, intelligent, loving, and brave....I'm blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment